Husband and wife business owners, Helen and Murray Garrett moved from the Home Counties ten years ago, selling a 240 acre beef and sheep farm only 40 miles from London (commuter-ville, as they used to call it!) and moved to a 340 acre beef and sheep farm on the edge of Dartmoor near Okehampton in Devon.
This process took over a year to complete, involved hundreds of miles of travelling (not to mention hundreds of pounds of petrol) searching for the ‘right property with land’ and entailed numerous stressful head-aches along the way, including the logistics of moving a large herd of South Devon cattle and sheep, dogs and a child as well as the more traditional furniture and plant pots!
- Qualified ~ agricultural lecturer as well as an educational stint on the Vestey ranches in Brazil
- A full-time beef and sheep farmer with over thirty years experience in agriculture, including milking sheep!
- Thirteen years teaching at an Agricultural College, including practical hands-on ‘small-holder’ courses
- Writing as a livestock contributor to Farmers Weekly for over six years
- A recent past Chairman of the local branch of the NFU
- Worked for major blue chip property and construction company in the Home Counties
- Is a freelance Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) qualified marketer
- Works for Clients in property, tourism and leisure businesses across the South West
- Retains a serious passion for searching out the perfect ‘dream’ properties for clients
- Remains the farmer’s ‘townie’ wife but is not afraid to move a bull or two when absolutely necessary!
With relevant backgrounds as well as real life experience Murray and Helen understand the huge amount of time and stress a move like this can entail and at West Country Dream their aim is to hand-hold and assist you as much as you need, along the way.
We really enjoyed our visit to you both, the best part of the whole weekend was being driven to view the selection of properties that you had sought out for us. We would never have found most of them so your local knowledge was a great asset. You both made us feel so welcome and couldn’t have been more helpful.
Contact us now to find out more; Helen@westcountrydream.co.uk or call 07816 514667