Why buy a smallholding in Devon?
With more and more people looking to move to the South West of England and enjoy all of the benefits of the rural lifestyle, we take a look at why people are taking the plunge and buying a smallholding or farm, and really living the West Country Dream!
Key Facts about where we live:
- 18% (some 9.3 million people) now live in areas of the UK officially classified as rural.
- More than half of those living in a rural area are over 45 years old.
- Property prices are on the up in the South West, having risen by a reported 5% in the past year.
What you get when you get here:
- Beautiful Coastlines; 450 miles of coastline to be precise!
- A healthy lifestyle; 81% of people in Devon are classified as being in very good or good health.
- Quality schools; 85% of schools in Devon are rated as ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED.
A recent survey conducted by Country Life Magazine ranked Devon as the best place to live in the entire UK. With more than 22,000 people moving to rural areas of the UK each and every year it appears plenty of us agree with their findings!
What can you get for your money?
We’ve taken a look at just how far £1,000,000 will get you in the South West of England and compared it to the London property market. You may be surprised at the difference between the two; the South West looks like great value!
What you get for £1m in London
- 2 bedroom apartment
- 660sq.ft of internal floor space
- A stones throw from Battersea Power Station
What you get for £1m in Devon
- 4 bedroom Grade II Listed 16th Century Property
- 5 holiday cottages
- 4.5 acres of land
For more information on how West Country Dream can help you realise your dream of moving to a smallholding, farm or property with land in the South West of England please take a look around our site or call Helen Garrett on 07816 514667.